Unlike a book or a newspaper, a blog or website article in general is rarely read in its entirety, for this you have to take into account the notion of eye tracking, oculometry for insiders; that makes a user who visits your web page will only be able to scan it while browsing it down, and in these cases, his eyes will only be drawn to certain graphic elements of your web page; I site, illustrations, headlines, smart lists, quotes, images, bold or italic elements… Etc
Taking into account these remarks, I will present some good ideas, to write a hard-hitting blog biller and that will make your website talk.
Thanks to what you will learn here, you will go from a few views only to several hundred in record time and above all to make your blog more credible and improve the quality of your web articles without wasting time as the ultimate goal, improving the SEO and positioning your content, especially if your web marketing strategy is Content Marketing.
Writing the right content is essential
It is thanks to the structure of your blog posts and the quality of their content that you will be able to retain your audience and thus attract new prospects, feed your lists of registrants for a possible monetization companion without forgetting that you’re going to have dozens of comments that will boost the referencing of your article.
Becoming a good blog post editor
When I started blogging, I found that my articles were not effective and did not unite many people, and despite the efforts I made and the time I spent writing them; at the expense of promoting them; I never exceeded a few views per article.
At first, I really thought that my article s
ubjects did not interest anyone despite the good development of these writing topics
and content and the time I spent writing them and this almost made me throw in the towel until I came across a Random video on youtube .
This video was about web writing and then I finally understood why my blog posts do not impress despite all my efforts.
Surprisingly, it’s not because they were not useful, but mostly it did not respect any of the rules and methods of writing web content, or even more the SEO criteria among others, relevance and copywriting dictated by google, that I’ll make you find out in this article.
Which brings us to our plan to write our blog post and thus, our first step.
The first step to writing a good blog post
First of all, you have to know what to write about which one leads us to:
1 – How to choose the right topic when writing a blog post
Regarding this step, which is the subject that your article will deal with, bad editors usually make two mistakes:
The first: it is to choose a subject instinctively, having the certainty that the latter should interest everyone and finally account, they find themselves wasting their time for nothing and they type completely next because their article does not meet any need of lecteurs.ni to no google searches.
Kparser , a very good alternative to Answer the public to find ideas for blog post topics or keywords
The second: is to say: yours this topic was not proposed by anyone so I’ll hit with it!! it is necessary because unless you come across a rare pearl, a really new subject which is very difficult; you’re not going to interest anyone and no one will type your title keyword on google because it simply doesn’t need it, or not yet what you bring it back to it.
An excellent article for a blog is above all a good topic
Now that I’ve told you what to avoid doing to write an excellent blog post, let me tell you what you need to do to find refine your content strategy and find a good writing topic, develop it in at least 1000 words and that will surely interest your audience and a wide audience.
Keep in mind that there are topics that people are interested in and that it is on these same topics that they will seek to read on google.
They never wonder what’s new, but they often discover it by sheer chance.
In fact, it’s as simple as you thought, to choose a topic of the article carrier, the easiest way is to go on youtube or Quora and do a search on your theme by typing a keyword:
For example if your blog deals with personal development you will type personal development and you start research, then you will simply know the need for your theme and the topics that people are looking for the most by comparing the Number of views of videos and so choose the subject you think master the most among the videos that have the most views .
follow me and I show you the best practices to choose a good catchy title that will appeal to readers and especially appear among the first results on search engines.
The first advice I give you is to choose a short title, which slams, emotional and summarizes your article and always adapt your title to this model:
The Formula : ” How to do this to get this result ”
For example: how to feed yourself so you can run 2 hours without getting tired… Etc..
From the moment you direct your title to concrete and precise results, so you promise to show people how to do and how to solve their problems and against part, they will give you their time and why not their email.
In addition, search engines love words “how and tutorial” that are words likely to satisfy the need of readers so to help Internet users what will encourage them to (do not change search engine)
the second advice that is not the least is to find relevant keywords and incorporate them into your title and indeed even throughout your article. It’s not rocket science, here’s how to find them:
All you have to do is go to google; Bing or yahoo and Amazon and type your previously brought topic of youtube, and watch the proposals that scroll below your mouse cursor.
This will give you already a lot of ideas but that’s not all, because that’s where you’ll fish for the keywords tail (long train) that you will stick to your title:
If I take the previous example (how to eat well to run two hours without getting tired?); the root of this title is right (how to feed well) and I added (to run two hours without getting tired).
It’s more tapping and so my title would interest and serve as a teaser for all joggers who get tired for example just after an hour of racing which already promises me millions of people who will be interested .
Moreover if I leave my title (how to feed well) it is too vague to target a specific problem (which in our case is fatigue before two hours of racing).
In conclusion first, if you follow these two previous steps, you will always type in the mile and attract the reader to your titles and above all you will offer titles detectable and understandable by the search engines which will bring you back probably a lot of views.
In the end, it is from the title that you will develop your ideas.
Here are the building blocks of a good blog post title:
1-It must be specific for a subject, a problem… he must “reason” with your target
2-It must evoke the content of the article, what people will learn
3-It must respond to a specific problem, and thus explain why it should be read
4-It should be short and direct as much as possible, because you are limited in posting on Google, on social networks…
Now that you’ve chosen the right topic and put the best title made up of relevant keywords, let’s take the next step which is:
2-Develop a good plan and editorial logic for your blog post
Let me start with this proverb that sums up the spirit of digital marketing:
If you have six hours to cut down a tree, it’s better to spend the first four hours sharpening your axe
Unfortunately many bloggers, go headlong into writing articles for their blog and this without first preparing a minimum of plan how to build it and the sub-steps and sub-subjects that they must deal with .
In the end, after spending more time than necessary, they get tired and start to swing anything to see that the article grows in volume and finally they blur the reader more than they help him so they will never see him again.
To avoid wasting time when writing your parts and article sub-parts, here’s how to do it:
You’ll see that it’s not difficult as long as you put a little concentration on it.
How do users read Blog posts ?
First of all, you should adapt your text to the diagonal reading, so the reader will read first all your titles and subtitles as well as your words in bold and italics, and if he deems your content relevant and interesting , it will then go back to the beginning of the article and reread it, but this time in full.
What I propose to do, simply comes from the method (how to achieve this precise result) that we water by:
The Rule of : W. and which was adopted in a condensed way for the writing of the title (spread throughout its article) to:
Who, what, where, when, how and why of your subject.
One of the techniques to know what the sub-steps of his article would be is to go to Quora and see the questions that Internet users ask themselves about your article topic.
The Structure and Formatting of a Good blog post
First, you will write a good and brief introduction where you will explain the general idea of your solution to the problem posed in your title.
This introduction must be in Bold and must also contain in its first line a replica of your title (for search engines and especially some appropriate keywords about you.
I strongly advise you to check out this very good article on SEO optimization of a blog
in general and a particular blog post. believe me, you’ll have to read it and take notes.
Never give the solution in the introduction but on the other hand give the feeling that your reader will have once he finishes reading your article and fix his problem.
Give it hope and do not soak it especially, for that you would need good content of course, if you want to retain your prospect to hope one day to earn money with your blog based on writing good content.
And live on it, why not?
After you’ve tweaked a good introduction, we’ll now see how to organize your argument ie how to write the body of your article.
The best and simplest way to write a blog post would be to organize your explanation in five or six steps that the reader will have to follow to move from the problem to the solution, and each step must also contain sub-steps that are better develop and in the end we will have a web article well structured and easy to browse, scroll, understand and read:
The ideal structure for an informative blog post
Introduction (main keyword at the beginning)
Illustration (image with its <alt remplie=””>tag)</alt>
Under Title 1<h2>(secondary keywords or phrases)</h2>
image 2 (not mandatory but recommended)
secondary title a-title<h3>
third subtitle<h4>.. Etc</h4>
third subtitle<h4>… Etc</h4>
- Each step (under title) must be built on this basis:
- The general idea of subtitle 1 (council No.1)
- Secondary title has: why apply this advice?
- Secondary title b: how to apply this advice?
- Secondary title c: mistakes to avoid when applying this advice
- Secondary title: What your reader will gain by applying this advice.
In summary your article should be built as follows
- An exciting title that will make you want to read the article
- An introduction that explains what we will learn in detail
- with a little teaser and a sting that makes you want to read (highlighting the problem, simplicity to get results …)
- A first paragraph
- that starts off strong with good interesting content, advice…
- An action to be taken
- at the end of the paragraph, and a link to the next paragraph
- A logical unfolding
- that moves the subject forward (steps…)
- A call to action
- final for the reader (order, buy a product…
- And once you have laid out all your subtitles, writing a good conclusion is necessary; Here’s how to do it:
Simply put, you will conclude with a happy ending, a call to action, encouragement, … Etc
For example you will encourage your reader to apply your solution or at least the first part while telling him that you know that it is not easy and that not everyone is going to get there .
But only those who have a good dose of will will be able to do so and just take the first step and the rest will probably be easier…
and then remind him what he’s going to gain by applying your advice and how much it’s going to change his life.
Believe me if you follow this web content article writing scheme, and in addition you know how to develop your blog post topic; you’re probably going to reduce your writing time, hold your reader back longer which will reduce your bounce rate and surely make it a prospect, and you’re never going to confuse or annoy your reader; You will mostly get spotted by search engines that go on to classify your articles and thus send you free traffic to your blog or online shop.
3-Aerate your blog post and make it enjoyable to read
Incorporate emotional when youy write a blog post
In fact, to hook your reader and encourage him to spend more time on your article, know that it should never look like a manual or a medication instruction.
Here’s how to avoid this and reduce your bounce rate with a good well-written article:
The principle is simple you only have to put a little bit of either and emotion:
For example, add a personal story or experience, from the experience,.. anecdotes, humor and above all talk about the state of mind of your reader at every stage of your article and especially at the end when he has applied your advice.
Link your paragraphs to each other
And for a better user experience, basically, avoid annoying your reader, try instead to write small paragraphs while connecting them to one
to the other, for example with structures like:
Now here’s what to do
Once you’re done this we’ll move on…
Practical tips for writing a perfect blog post
- Work the internal and external mesh of your articles
- Insert social media sharing buttons in your articles
- Take care of the descriptions for the search for your blog posts
- Respect the marking of the titles; only one H1 and use the other title tags.. H2, H3,… Etc
- Help google bot and add structured data from your article pages to the searchconsole here’s the data tagging tool
- Use short paragraphs when writing your article
- Insert quotes into your articles
- Avoid interstitials in your article pages (intrusive ads and popups)
- Use bold or italic writing for your keywords and important phrases.
- Use a clear, readable font like Ariel or Verdana
- Use distinct titles for each item
- Make sure your links anchors are well integrated into your texts and related to your article topic
- Make external links to sites that will add to your article
Insert media between your paragraphs
Unfortunately, more and more people are leaving the book and it’s no wonder that youtube and facebook are cardboarding at the expense of our good old books and articles.
Which brings us to the need to insert media (images, videos, graphics,,,) between our paragraphs.
And not to interfere with the SEO optimization of your article, here are the two main rules to follow to keep it consistent:
1-The choice of media and location
You should always take media consistent with your article topic and above all free of rights.
Doing so, you will use it to show the emotional side of your reader at this exact level of your article; Doing so, he will know that you understand exactly his discomfort or distress so you will help him find a solution.
2-Compliance and media weight
It’s best to insert your own images or videos, but that doesn’t mean you’re using other people’s images as long as they’re free and in line with your article and they provide more answers to readers.
Don’t overdo it when you are writing a blog post
Indeed, if your player finds that you present a lot of videos for example, he will simply say that he would have done better to look for his solution rather on YouTube .I advise you then, to give priority to the written and put video only if really needed.
To write a good article, sensational, you have to write it for your readership and at the same time so that it is well understood by google robots too
Write a good description for research
In addition, too much media especially in the wrong place of the article (the beginning) , will confuse the search engines which will harm your SEO.
Write articles optimized for mobile devices:
For good web content you need to optimize your article to comply with Mobile First’s recommendations
because google currently prioritizes content and articles that are indexed to the Mobile Index.
Practical method to write a professional blog post
- Go to Google and search for content on your theme and choose from the first articles displayed on the SERP (not ads!), because these are those articles that have keywords and a lexical field with a high search volume, which will guarantee you later a lot of visitors to your site
- Go on youtube or facebook depending on your niche and see is what this topic always arouses interest for an audience like yours , see instead the number of views of videos that deal with this topic
- Read the article, understand it and start by detecting all the keywords and phrases on which this article rank on google, you can use the Keywords Everywhere extension for this spot
- Analyze all the titles, subtitles and smart lists of this article and try to do the same for yours, I don’t want you to copy/paste NO!!, but be as close as possible
- Choose a very good title for your article; attractive, short and that makes you want to click on it, do the same when you write your description for research
- Reproduce this article with your own style making sure to insert the correct keywords and phrases and especially to use the right lexical field that the subject of the article suggests and should contain and be a little cool and leave at least a good comment to creator of this content.
- Follow up on Answer the Public and do a search on the same topic and bring back new questions to add to your article and try to answer them well
- Make your own conclusion, create your own illustrations and photos and above all don’t even copy a single sentence as it does from this article !!!? Just follow the essential steps to create a web article and adapt them to your web writing technique.
- Create a video on the subject of this article and put it in and on YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo, or just do a podcast (read your article and record it) , if you’re not comfortable facing camera and post it too.
- Check back often on your article to promote it on social networks and refresh it with new chapters
- Put internal and external links (a good mesh) for your article and make sure their anchors are well integrated into the text and center of your paragraphs
- Once you’ve mastered your theme, think about being more productive and, above all, more creative in order to put online exclusive articles that your readers will only find on your website.
How to write blog posts that makes you money
Writing a good article for his blog is also writing an article that will earn you money , I will move now to Copywriting after I explained to you the web writing that has as its initial goal bring back traffic on his blog
Why write a good blog post?
A good blog post is a blog post written specifically:
A blog post is written for several purposes, here are the three main ones:
- To increase the CPC of ads for example Google adsense installed on your blog and also attract the best ads
- To promote an offer or product that you sell as an affiliate
- To sell your own products by returning traffic to your online store
So learning Copy writing is essential to write good content for your blog, and write blog posts that convert your visitors into customers
If you want to learn how to write blog posts that will make you earn money let me offer you my latest book, that will set you up step by step how to make your blog post profitable
3-Let’s conclude it all
To conclude this article, I want to return to a question that every blogger who will probably not break into this area, carefully avoids asking that is that of the importance of the quality of the content of articles in a blog.
In fact, the truth is that in the end, a blog is only a succession of articles, so if one or more of these articles are of poor quality, it will inevitably create a bad blog no matter what its owner advertises the result will always the same which means zero.
On the other hand, you just need to focus a little bit and apply at least 50% of the web writing tips I gave you in this article to see your audience grow and your content marketing succeed.
I know it’s not easy and not everyone is going to get there especially the first time, but just apply one or two tips each time and the rest will come with practice.
All I have to do is ask you to sign up for my blog, so you will always be aware of my latest tutorials as I promise you more and more rich and practical.
Leave a comment if you want to add something to this article, share the article to let your friends enjoy it and help a little positioning this page; and work well because that’s what will set you apart from bloggers who won’t succeed.
Have I omitted an essential point about writing blog posts?